Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Broke the Mold"


"Broke the Mold"

Use to think I needed
To be a size zero
To be considered
A young girl's hero,
White America
Painted a false picture
For the youth to follow,
Vogue told me I had
To be a blond hair,
Blue eyed beauty,
I didn't fit the mold,
So I broke through it,
Dark brown eyes
That have been known
To mesmerize a few,
Curves that sway
Side to side to the
Base line,
A General's mind state,
Call it faith,
It was my destiny,
To build my own
Entity,
Give wings to the weak,
Show others how to
Take off & fly so high,
Darling get ready to
Kiss the sky,
Unstoppable,
I paint a pretty
Picture with the gift
Of word play,
Can't compare me
To most,
Behold the power
Inside this little
Body of mine,
In time I'll continue
To shine brighter
Than the eye can see,
No worries,
In time you'll
Know just
What I mean!



Written By 
Ani Galestanin

No comments:

Post a Comment