Wednesday, October 10, 2012

From Upcoming Poetry Book- "Bloody Hell"



“Bloody Hell”

I’m looking at this diamond ring
That's wrapped around my finger,
Can’t help but wonder where
It came from?
Did little kids die while mining
For these diamonds?
The thought sickens me,
I try to take it off but it’s
Stuck on me,
Dreaming while yelling...
"Daddy get the knife and
Just chop it off!"
Flashbacks of the child
Who died while mining for
My diamonds comes before
My dark brown eyes,
"Daddy chop off my finger,
F*** these diamonds!"
What kind of bloody hell
Did they come from?
Dear Lord please forgive me
Never meant to buy these shiny
Black blood diamonds,
Now I’m cursed,
Waking up from nightmares
While screaming
"Chop it off...
Return them to their bloody hell!
Daddy we bought 
Blood diamonds,
Ship ‘em back to their 
Bloody hell!"

From Upcoming Poetry Book
Written By Ani Galestanian

No comments:

Post a Comment