Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dedicated to the Victims of the Earthquake That Took Many Lives in Haiti In 2010- "Find My Family"


“Find My Family”

Can anyone hear me?
I’m under a pile of rubble,
With nothing but water above me,
My house is gone,
My family is laying here sideways,
Trying to call out for help but
Only bubbles come out of my mouth,
Holding my sister’s hand,
My baby brother laying on my lap,
Mom and dad were at work when
We felt the quake,
Then a rush of water surrounded us,
Dear Mr. President,
We’re still under water,
Can you possibly help us?
My sis and lil bro look peaceful as they
Sleep but I don’t think they are sleeping,
I think they are on their way to
Live with God now,
I want to follow them but
I have to find momma and daddy,
Where are they?
Dear Mr. President,
Can you help me locate my family?
Wonder if they are on their way to see God too?
I want to know…
What happened to my family,
I’m only nine,
My sister was six and my
Lil brother turned three yesterday,
It was his birthday,
Now he’ll forever remain three in my eyes,
Dear Mr. President,
We’re laying under water,
Floating just waiting for you to find a way
To get us out of here,
I JUST WANT TO REST PEACEFULLY
ALONG WITH MY FAMILY!



Written By Ani Galestanian

No comments:

Post a Comment