Wednesday, October 3, 2012

From Poetry Book "Beyond Words Love & Life"- "City Lights"


"City Lights"

Get lost in the city lights,
Off to a place where I can exist while
Remaining invisible,
Ride slow,
Quick right then left,
On the Angeles Crest High Way,
This is my quick getaway,
From a world that brings pain my way,
Reached my destination,
Cut off the engine,
Step out,
Look out,
See all the city lights,
It shines and glimmers,
Lighting up the city sky,
In competition with the galaxies stars,
Only making an appearance at night,
After the sun exits,
Providing a glowing light,
That’s when I can think without interruptions,
Without any questions,
Without any requests,
So many obligations that has me bound,
Almost at a standstill even when I’m moving
Ninety miles an hour,
With each person taking little pieces of me,
Getting too personal while telling me it’s not personal,
Trying to back away gracefully,
With a smile on my face,
Yet they proceed so shamefully,
It’s okay they can’t get the best of me,
Might push but they can’t provoke,
Evoke a response and have me act foolishly,
I have a future brighter than these city lights,
Goals bigger than the night’s sky,
Take off full speed jumping from light to light,
From star to star,
Accomplishing all of my goals,
Living out all my wishes,
But for now,
I just want to get lost in the city lights.

Written By Ani Galestanian
From Poetry Book
"Beyond Words Love & Life"





No comments:

Post a Comment