Monday, October 22, 2012

From Upcoming Poetry Book- "Praying for Peace"



"Praying for Peace"

Mamma has a blanket over our heads,
With the Bible in her hands,
Reading and praying over us,
My little brother is holding my hand,
Shivering looking into my eyes
While the sound of bombs
Exploding all around us is deafening,
Daddy's running every where
Gathering our supplies,
No rhyme,
No reason for the war
That's going on,
All for what?
For oil,
For land...
These memories don't
Seem to fade,
Wake up from nightmares,
Past times have me shook up,
Promised that I'd be
My brother's keeper,
Was it my religion?
Was it my ethnicity
That had them
Hating me?
We all breathe the same,
We all bleed the same,
One day we'll be laid
To rest and meet our maker,
Have to answer for
Our Sins,
Till then I'll pray
Like that faithful night,
When we were being
Bombarded,
Down on my knees
Asking Christ for protection,
Love, Hope, & Peace!



From Upcoming Poetry Book
Written By Ani Galestanian

No comments:

Post a Comment